“What To Do If You Get Stranded On The Highway”
Getting stranded on the highway can be a stressful and dangerous situation, but it’s important to stay calm and take the necessary steps to ensure your safety. Whether it’s a flat tire, engine failure, or a weather-related issue, being prepared can help make the experience less overwhelming. Here’s what to do if you find yourself stranded on the highway:
- Pull over to a safe location. If possible, try to get your vehicle off the road and onto the shoulder. Turn on your hazard lights to alert other drivers and make yourself visible.
- Call for help. If you have a phone, use it to call for assistance. If you don’t have a phone, try to flag down another driver for help or walk to the nearest rest stop. Dewey’s Towing & Repair can be reached at 608-362-5377 or 815-389-3032.
- “Stay in your vehicle whenever possible”. If you must exit your vehicle, do so with caution and only when it’s safe to do so.
- Stay visible. Turn on blinkers, put up flares or triangles around your vehicle to make it more visible to other drivers and rescuers.
- Stay warm. If you’re stranded in cold weather, stay in your vehicle and try to stay warm by wrapping yourself in a blanket or using any available items such as floor mats to insulate yourself from the cold.
- Be patient. Help may take some time to arrive, but staying calm and patient can help reduce stress and make the situation safer for you and others.
If you find yourself stranded on the highway, Dewey’s Towing & Repair is here to help. Contact us at 608-362-5377 or 815-389-3032 815-389-3032, or visit our website at https://www.deweysservice.com for more information. You can also reach us by email at [email protected] Our address is 1633 E. Huebbe Pky, Beloit Wisconsin 53511. We’re dedicated to ensuring the safety of all drivers and helping you get back on the road as quickly and safely as possible.